Last day of LibDay6. Hopefully this week has given a glimpse into the types of things I do as an academic librarian. I really do love what I do – I get to work with great students and faculty, I get to teach, I get to play with and keep up with technology and it’s implications for libraries and higher ed. I also hope this week of posting has started to form into a bit of a habit and may result in more activity here. Regardless, here’s my life as a librarian today:
- A most rare occurrence - I had no meetings today, so I worked from home. My intention was to concentrate on my OLA presentation, but I spent most of the day working on trying to get things together for next week.
- Worked on a handout for a Classics TAs and fine tuned a ppt presentation. I’ll be teaching the TAs what they need to teach their students for a library assignment I helped create.
- Started working on pulling together a group to examine mobile options for our library catalogue.
- Finally did a little work on my OLA presentation.
- Renewed ALA membership and got an ACRL membership (and threw in LITA for good measure), so I can attend/present at ACRL
- The list of things not done should also probably be included when talking about Libday6, since it’s rare for one to finish everything. Among those things still on the list (most likely weekend work): more OLITA prep for the OLA Super Conference next week, more OLA prep, quiz prep